Frequently Asked Questions
Looking for answers? You've come to the right place. Browse the list of frequently asked questions below. If you do not see your question you can contact us or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All policies are subject to change.
- What is Code Pajamas?
We are a school dedicated to providing friendly and affordable code learning for both remote students as well as in person courses in select areas. For more informaton head to our about page.
- I'm writing an article and want to learn more about Code Pajamas. Who should I contact?
- Thanks for your interest! You should use our general contact form to submit your request or send and email to email@example.com.
- How long will I have access to the online course materials?
- After we have received payment and enrolled you in a course under any plan you will maintain access to all the courses content indefinitely (meaning as long as Code Pajamas is in operation).
- Are there any restrictions in access?
- No, there are zero restrictions in accessing content as a paid user. There may be very brief periods of time where server maintenance may require our servers to be reset thus creating short outages. Users will be notified prior to such outages if any.
Appropriate Skill Level
- Is Code Pajama's courses suitable for absolute beginners?
- In most cases yes! Check the first intro lesson on each course page to get a description of the skill level and any prerequisite knowledge required for each course. In general most of our courses are geared towards beginners, however we do offer some more intermediate and advanced topic courses that may require some previous knowledge. In those situations it will be clearly listed in the course description.
- Is there a recommended age limmit for your courses?
- Our course content is worded simply and plainly at around an eight grade reading and comprehension level. An age of 13 and above is reccommended although certainly younger students have done just fine with our content.
- What kind of computer will I need to follow along with your courses?
- A Macintosh, Windows PC, or Linux computer with minimal specs and interenet access should be fine for all our courses. Our courses include commands and instructions for both Macintosh and Windows PC computers. the video lectures are largely recorded on a Macintosh computer but where neccesary our instructors will point out any relevent differences you may experience on other platforms.
- What software do I need to install?
- Each course includes computer setup and software installation instructions specific to that course.
- Do I need my own computer for remote courses?
- Both remote and location based courses require a computer to access online content, however one could in theory login from any public computer (at a Library for example) to access course content. This can be done securely as our site using an encrypted SSL (HTTPS) connection. It is advised however that users logging in from public computers should always log out oftheir account after use.
- Do I need my own computer for location based courses?
- On location courses require a portable laptop computer to be used in the classroom. These are not provided by Code Pajamas and it is up to each individual student to provide their own personal computer with wifi capabilities.
Office Hours and Private Tutoring
- Do you provide private lessons or tutoring?
- Some instructors provide both remote office hours, tutoring, and in some select locations on location (in person) training sessions. Contact us to see if this is possible for the particular course and area you reside in.
Registration and Payment
- How do I secure my spot in a location based course?
- To secure your spot in an on location course go to the course page and click one of the add to cart buttons indicating a ticket for the desired location listed under the "On Location Courses" heading. If no such heading exists or your location is not listed that means there are not currently any courses happening in your area. To get notice of when a new course will start in your area you can contact us. After clicking the add to cart button for the desired course ticket if you are already logged in, then proceed to checkout by filling in your payment details. Otherwise first login, then proceed to filling in your payment details. After checkout your will receive an email confirmation of your enrollment.
- How do I secure my spot in a remote (non-location) based course?
- To secure your spot in an remote course go to the course page and click one of the add to cart buttons indicating a ticket for online content only listed under the "Learn Remotely" heading. If you are already logged in, then proceed to checkout by filling in your payment details. Otherwise first login, then proceed to filling in your payment details. After checkout your will receive an email confirmation of your enrollment.
- What forms of payment so you accept?
- Our online checkout system is processed securely and safely by Stripe. They accept all major forms of credit card. Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
- Do you offer payment plans?
- As an alternative to our one-time payment plan; at checkout there is also a toggle button option you may select to apply a multiple playments plan that will charge your credit card over three months of payments with zero interest. This is the only payment plan we offer and will not negiotiate any additonal plans at this time.
- I've already set up a payment plan and wish to switch to a different plan. Who do I contact to set this up?
- You can contact us at any time to change from one payment plan to another.
- You can contact us at any time to if you wish to pay off any remaining balance on your plan at any time.
Refunds and Cancellations
- How do I cancel a remote learning course I've already paid for, and what refund will I receive?
- If you are not fully satisfied with the remote learning course content you purchased, you will be given a full (100%) refund if you contact us to cancel your order within twenty four hours of purchasing the course. We have a strict no refund policy after the twenty four hour grace period window has expired.
- How do I cancel an on location course I've signed up for through Code Pajamas, and what refund will I receive?
- A full (100%) refund is granted if notice is given within fifteen days before the course start date. 75% refund within ten days of the course start date. 50% refund within five days of the course start date. No refund will be granted on or after the course starting date. To cancel a course contact us directly.
- How do I cancel an on location course I've signed up for through CourseHorse, and what refund will I receive?
- If you purchased your class on CourseHorse, then our same Refund & Cancellation policy as listed above still applies to your purchase. If you have any questions or wish to make a cancellation, please visit the CourseHorse site in New York, NY and contact their customer service team to process your cancellation.
- I have already cancelled a course, when will I receive my refund?
- All refunds are processed by Stripe. The refund will be applied back to the same credit card you used at checkout. You can expect to receive the refund in three to five business days. The exact time the credit appears on your account will vary depending on your particular bank or credit card servicer.
- I want to cancel the in person course but keep access to the online learning materials. Whom do I contact to set this up?
- You can downgrade from a location based course plan to a fully remote (access to online content only) plan at any time. Please refer to the refund polices listed above regarding what proportion of refund you would receive then subtract the cost of the remote course plan cost. For example if you signed up for an on location course that cost $500 and gave notice to downgrade to a remote only plan at least fifteen days prior t the course start date you would receive a 100% refund minus the cost of the remote plan (cost may vary i.e $50 we will say for our example), which means you would be refunded $450 of your $500. You would no longer be able to attend the in person (on location) course, but would maintain access to all the remote learning materials. Contact us to alter your plan.
- Does Code Pajamas provide certification or proof of completion?
- We provide proof of course completion for the purpose of providing evidence to a students employer to facilitate in their (employers) reimbursement for your course costs. Contact us if you require such proof and we will request prrof of completeion of a final project or other adequate prrof of your course completeion and than at such time we will email you an electronic document in the form of a PDF that is signed by your instructor and bearing our company logo which states that you have successfully completed the course.
- Is Code Pajamas officially an accreditied instituion or able to provide course credit for colleges or universities?
- Although we do provide top-notch industry rellevant course content, at this time we are not accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or any other foreign education systems and thus unable to provide credit at instituions of higher learning.
- Do you provide coorporate training?
- Yes, contact us if you are interested in setting up coorporate training for your employees. We have done training seminars both remotely and on location in select places.
- Are there discounts available for coorporate training or enrolling a larger number of students?
- Yes, contact us to let us know and we will create a unique coupon code your employees can use to signup individually at a discounted rate that we prearrange.
- My question wasn't answered here. How may I contact you?
- You can contact us by filling at the form at this page or emailing us anytime at: firstname.lastname@example.org. For more urgent matters you can call us at: +1 415 508 6247. Please leave a voice message if we do not answer and someone will get back to you. Please note we are only able to return calls to customers within the United States. For international users outside the United States, please also leave us your email address in the voicemail recording.