Lab 2 - Personal Site Project - Step 1
In this lab you will start building your own personal website project that you will add to each week throughout the course. In the past for this project, students have built portfolio sites, résumé pages, sites celebrating a new baby or family pet, wedding announcement sites, sites for a friend, family, or your own business. Some have built sites for hobbies from fitness, gaming, to synth collections. Others have re-built non-profit sites or donation pages for charities. Whatever you choose to build it is entirely up to you. Since this is most likely the first website you will build on your own, it is a good idea to keep the site under 5 pages. If you get stuck or are not sure what to build you can use the code along exercises each week to give you some direction. Just try to create your own content instead of rebuilding the same site in the code along. It is recommended that you build your project in a different folder than this one, with a name you create yourself. This file is merely meant to provide directions only.
- Create an index.html page and at least 2 other pages and link them to each other.
- Create an images folder and place a few images into this folder.
- Make sure to add the following content throughout the pages:
- Iframe (embed Youtube or Google Map)
- Paragraphs Note: It's okay to leave out some of the content if you do not wish it to be in your final site project, but hey its good practice you can always delete it later on.
- When you are done, use the W3C HTML Validator to validate all of your pages at: